ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE CIRCLEVILLE MUNICIPAL COURT/POLICE DEPARTMENT COMPLEX LOCATED AT 151 E. FRANKLIN STREET, MUST WEAR A FACIAL COVERING. THIS INCLUDES LAW ENFORCEMENT, PROSECUTORS, DEFENSE COUNSEL, COURT PERSONNEL AND PATRONS OF THE COURT.
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2021-02 Effective: 8/23/2021
The Circleville Municipal Court makes the following Findings of Fact:
1. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that persons aged two or older who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 should wear a mask in indoor public places.
2. The CDC recommends that fully vaccinated individuals who are in "an area of substantial or high transmission," should wear a mask in indoor public places "[t]o maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others."
3. As of August 13, 2021, CDC data reflects that Pickaway County, Ohio has a "high" transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
Based upon these Findings of Fact, the Circleville Municipal Court issues the following orders which are intended to protect public health, to maintain essential court functions, and to continue to protect the rights of all individuals subject to the authority of the Court.
THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:
1. Any individual entering the Circleville Municipal Court Complex is required to wear a protective mask covering the nose and mouth unless a medically documented reason prevents the person from covering their face. N95 medical masks are not required; cloth masks that have been purchased or are homemade are acceptable. The protective covering shall be worn at all times while the individual is inside the courthouse, including the courtroom, conference rooms, lobby, and the Probation Department. Individuals are encouraged to bring their own facial covering; however, the Court will provide a mask if a person does not have access to their own facial covering. Persons refusing to wear a face covering, except in instances of a medically documented waiver, may be subject to removal from the Municipal Court or Probation Department.
2. All Court employees are required to wear masks. Masks are not required when working alone in an assigned work area.
3. All individuals in the Municipal Court Complex and the Probation Department shall adhere to 6-foot social distancing protocols.
4. Individuals exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 are not permitted to enter the Municipal Court Complex. Individuals excluded from the Court for exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms must submit a request for continuance, in writing, must secure a new hearing date from the Assignment Commissioner at (740) 474-3175, Ext. 1, and must receive written confirmation of the rescheduled date. Failure to follow these steps could result in issuance of a warrant for failure to appear.
5. Only people required to be present for court proceedings are permitted in the Municipal Court Complex.
6. The Court will issue an Order when normal operations resume. If any exceptions apply to an employee, written justification must be provided upon request.
Welcome to The Circleville Municipal Court website. The court serves all of Pickaway County with countywide jurisdiction. The purpose of this website is to
provide access to information regarding records held by the Clerk of Courts and information regarding the operations of the Court. The website was designed to be as user friendly as possible.
Should you have questions about the website or other court functions, please do not hesitate to contact the Court by phone, fax or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Circleville Municipal Court is constantly analyzing ways to serve the public and we believe this website enhances our motto, "Striving for Excellence".